Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Sad Moment

Sooner or later, I was almost finished FAST Division in boot camp.
The time in FAST Division was really happy. That was the first time I felt so happy in boot camp. During the short 2 weeks training, I met so many friends. For example, SHSR DONG, he was Chinese, and came from New York; SHSR YE, he came from Los Angeles, CA; HMSN Song, one my best friends so far, and she came into boot camp with me; HMSR Kim, he was the lucky guy. He just came from Chicago, IL. I love talking to Kim. He was tall and skinny guy. The most funny moment in boot camp was writing letter. Mostly, a lot of Americans people were very interested in Chinese characters. For me, I was interested in Kim's letter-- He was writing Korean letter to his family. That was my first time to see someone writing letter into Korean Language. I felt very curiously.
"So, what was your job before Navy?" Kim was asking me.
" Full time student, and part time for many jobs." I replied.
Kim was sharing his story, and we were all shocked after listening his story.
" I was working a lot of jobs in Chicago. But, one job I never forgot. When I was your age, I saw the news paper was hiring someone to work in hospital. You got pay for 100 dollars per hour. I was very excited and tried to get this job done. However, I regret what I applied for. I was working in Mortuary! My job is cleaning up for the body. Trust me, you won't survive for more than a minute. The smell was bad there, and you saw many bodies over there! They were dead body! And I quite immediately!"
That was one of the best stories I head since in boot camp training. We were all shocked. It felt like the cut scene from horror movies. We loved sharing stories, and sometimes I wrote these funny moments into my letter to inform my family and friends.
The other funny moment in FAST Division was called " China Team". EMFN Yang was a funny guy. He came from Los Angeles, CA too. When we were going to shower, Yang, Ye, Dong and I would made a group to get into the shower room. We were taking shower together, and singing. Of course, since everyone in FAST Division knew each other, we would be shouted " China Team Getting in!". People inside the shower room would be replied, "What, China Team? We were not scared! We were American!"
Finally, the date to say good bye to FAST was eventually come. Some petty officers came into the room, and we were waiting for new orders. I remember the first class petty officer was Indian guy. For some reasons, I did not why he did not like me so much. My friend EMFR Wen said he was a really good guy, and took care of her a lot. I thought because she was a girl.
"Seaman Recruit, you are going to division 008. Your ship date will be tomorrow. Get ready to move!"
I was really upset when I heard that. This was my second moment to feel sad because I had to move into other division. I felt everyone here was so friendly, but now was time to separate again. Fortunately, Dong was going with me. That let me feel better because I got a friend was going the same division. Ye, Wen, Yang, Song, and other people were separated into different divisions. Some people were leaving immediately, some of them were moving next week, and some of them still waiting for new orders.
" Good Luck, My Asian Boy! You are my bro, give me a hug, man! " My "roommate" replied to me. I forgot his name, but I learned a lot about HIP HOP culture from him. He was black, and loved dancing, singing, and etc. He was a funny guy, and I really enjoyed to talk to him.
" Good Bye, China man; Good bye Asian Boy; Good Bye, Mr Asian! Goodbye......."
I believed that was my first time to receive so many good byes at the same time. Suddenly, the room was remaining on silent. It was cold, and quiet. Less than an hour, the new people were moving into FAST Division. Some of them were Chinese too. However, I was not interested to talk to them. I felt sad, and everyone was leaving again.
" No worry, little Boy. We were moving together, right?" Dong replied to me.
" Yes, it was about time to move on."
We finished all packaging, and ready to go tomorrow.
" I want to go home. I am missing my friends."
TO BE CONTINUED........
My words:
  I was so happy so many people were reading my post recently. Some people were asking why I wanted to share the diary. First, I wanted to share it because not so many immigrants to share their experience during the service. Some people did not know why we joined the Navy from oversea. ( I would explain it later in my post) Some comments to say, they did not know who I was, but your post would be famous soon, right? I was so happy to receive so many comments from you guys. Some people was asking my picture. Well, I will share my pictures by the time I receive more than 200 comments on my blog. Please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media if you love my posts. I want more people to read it. Thanks a lot!
New Arrivals
I's Colour has new arrival. For more details, please visit www.iscolour.com
IMG_1054_Leopard Grain IMG_5226

No comments:

Post a Comment