Saturday, February 9, 2013

THE LIFE BEFORE MILITARY

 Today is Chinese new year. Happy Chinese new year for everyone!

 I forgot how many times on sea and missing the most important holidays with family already. I did remember  the last time I celebrate the Chinese new year with family is about 5 years ago before I joined the US Navy.

  As a immigrant, I never forgot the date I immigrated to US. It was 8 years ago to flight to Los Angeles, CA by myself. The last time to celebrate with my family in China, and went to the flight during the next day of Chinese new year. I was here to meet up with my mother, and eventually started the new life.

  Things were not easy for me as the new immigrant. I needed to adopt the new environment, and went to the different schools compare to China. But somehow, the first impression for me was people's face. They were smiling, and I love to talk to them. They were so nice to me and tried their best to help me up. Fortunately, I was able to learn the English quickly during the high school. I started at 10 grade during the high school, and I did celebrate my first birthday in US- 17 years old.

  Some people is probably believe the immigrants are rich people, especially Chinese. I did have a lot of friends in China they were expected to immigrate to US in one day. They might watch too much Hollywood movies and other news. They think their life will be perfect when they were here. For example, one of the questions they would be asking: I heard you just working for one month and you were able to buy a car, and I heard the salary was good out there. It has a lot of opportunities and freedom than other countries! It is true you could be able to buy a car in a month when you had a job, however, depends what kind of car you want to buy, and your life style. I did explain this to my friends but they look like did not understand too much.

  The first year of the new life was gonna to kill me. Since English was my third language, I had to study daily to improve it. Thanks for the teachers and they help me a lot for my English. They were so patient. I almost imagined that I would go back to China soon after school. I was missing the people in China, the family, the food, and everything in China. I think that is normal for my age 17. Sometimes I have arguments with my mother and complaint to back to China's life.

  The life before military was not as good as right now. You can imagine this picture in your mind: I went shopping with my mother. We were shopping once a while. We saw so many beautiful clothes, video games, and shoes. Unfortunately, we could not offer them. We did not have a good paycheck to support our financial situations. I love playing basketball when I was in High School. I only change my basketball shoes once they were worn out. We were always choose the cheapest shoes to wear and save some money.

  " I was very jealous some immigrants. Why they were so rich? Why they got the perfect family? Why they were so smart? Why.............?" That was the famous question I was asking my mum when I got here. Yes, sometimes I was extreme jealous some immigrants. Their family was so rich. They got a nice house, nice shoes, nice cars, and everything. My school has so many immigrants. Most of their families were medium class or above. They changed the shoes and clothes everyday. They got a nice new car when they have license. They were so smart at school, and have a wonderful family. In the bible, and the church, people said the god was fair. Somehow, I never believe that was true. I got nothing when I was in US. My family was broken when I was 5 years old. We did not have a good car, and had to move around since I was immigrated.

  I did not understand all the happen in a sudden. I saw some young people were smiling shopping whatever they wanted. Compare to us, we were like no one else would be noticed. We keep walking, and did not buy anything. I remembered my mind was not happy although just less than half year in US. The famous questions still keep asking myself until nowadays.

  " Does the God fair for everyone? "

TO BE CONTINUED..........

http://veteransfamily.wordpress.com/http://veteransfamily.wordpress.com/


New Products Arrival. Click here and finds out more!
IMG_1026_Red+Orange IMG_1027_red+orange IMG_0997_gold IMG_0999_gold


No comments:

Post a Comment